Sunday, April 1, 2018

A-Z / A is for Avocado, Aubergine and Apricot!











Day 1 = A is for Avocado, Aubergine, and Apricot.  (I couldn't pick just one.)  After a trip to England, Arrianne (daughter) and I both dropped the word 'eggplant' from our vocab.  Aubergine sounds so much more European...but I do not really like purple.  Avocado reminds me of the '70's and those awful kitchen appliances.  For a long time I wanted nothing to do with that colour!  Apricot is a lovely colour, but for me it is just another shade of orange.  I basically used 3 colours that I don't really like.  What a way to start out the month!!!


4 comments:

  1. For 3 colours you don't like...it looks pretty good. Look forward to seeing more.
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2018/04/01/a-is-for-aarhus-denmark/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to meet a fellow quilter...yes, I am one as well, and also have run out of walls, beds and tables. Your 'Art Quilt' collage is wonderful with the 3 colors you least like. Avocado green really does remind one of 50's appliances, but doesn't work great for toning down purple? Visiting from the AtoZ Daily List. Hope you will have a chance to visit my blog. Here's a link: Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevertheless, you did make it work, Cheryl. Well done. And I love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl,

    Our house came with avocado colored appliances. It was built in the 70s. In fact, we still have the original refrigerator in the house. It did die finally about two months ago which we need to carry to the curb as soon as we're able. Luckily we have a back up refrigerator. It's on its last leg, too. I think in choosing the three colors you dislike actually turned out nicely together. As I've gone through your post backwards from 'G' today I've noticed a general trend of butterflies in your artwork. :)


    Curious as a Cathy
    A2Z iPad Art Sketch ‘Anime’

    ReplyDelete