Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A to Z / U is for Unbleached flour





Unbleached Flour - a food and a colour!








I do not do much baking.  Cutting dairy products out of my diet changed much of my world in the kitchen.  When preparing for this post, I went to the cupboard and did a little flour inventory...  almond flour, spelt (also know as dinkel wheat - that makes me smile), whole wheat, rye, and all purpose flour.  For someone who thinks she doesn't bake much, I guess I do have my favorite recipes and enjoy experimenting.  One of my favorite dirty pleasures is making a Norwegian Wedding Cake.  It is so easy - almond flour, egg whites, powdered sugar, and almond extract.  My family loves it and we don't have to wait for a wedding to enjoy this treat.  I also make Swedish Crisp Bread on a regular basis.  Smoothered with Lingonberries - very yummy...  I think I hear the kitchen calling!


3 comments:

  1. This is a delightful series - I'm glad to have found you, and will be heading back through your foods and your art. Norwegian Wedding Cake sounds lovely, and dinkel wheat makes me smile as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds delicious. We live in a community that was founded by Swedish immigrants so lingonberries and other Swedish treats are common around here.

    Ann
    https://harvestmoonbyhand.blogspot.com/2018/04/hobbies-that-begin-with-u-blogging-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swedish crisp bread - sounds yummy. I love how you have used food to inspire art. This is indeed a sunny piece. Very afternoon cookie and tea feel.


    Seema, participant in #AtoZchallenge, Artist, Writer, Wanderer, and Dreamer.
    Under the Ladakhi Stars – Raku House

    ReplyDelete