After creating sheets of colour, I cut up the sheet into little tiles and then began the process of naming them. It was easier for me to go on a scavenger hunt thru out the house, looking for a match. I found this one in the garage with my Christmas decorations (that haven't been put away yet!). For me, this is such a yummy colour - no wonder I don't want to store them away from sight!
Saturday, March 27, 2021
I'm having a terrible time trying to move pictures from my phone to my pc this morning. So... one picture is enough! I am taking a class with Sabrina Ward Harrison (awesome class!), and am in the process of naming my colours. Hopefully technology will cooperate later and I can share. In the mean time, some lunch and art are on the agenda for today.
Friday, March 26, 2021
Mom and I have been busy working on a second quilt top for 2021. This one will be for Jon's son. I'm happy to say that I didn't purchase new fabric for this quilt - it all came from my stash! The closet is still just as full, but slowly getting more organized as I pull fabric for each quilt on my list.
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Yesterday I tried using chia seeds as a dye thickener. A friend uses this method, and now I do too! What I like about the chia seeds is that they stay wet on the fabric for a long time, allowing the dye to do its thing. I'm in the beginning stages of trial and error, but so far this method is easy and fun. Washing and evaluation is next.
Sunday, March 14, 2021
Saturday, March 13, 2021
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
I began by soaking some random pieces of fabric in soda ash and layering on some plastic: