Wednesday, March 3, 2021

On my dye table

 I began by soaking some random pieces of fabric in soda ash and layering on some plastic:

For the first layer, I used dye in a spray bottle over stencils:

I will continue to layer colour with thickened dyes, remembering that once it is washed that the colours will be much lighter.  

I used a hexi stencil, maybe I can use it for one of my 100 day project days!  

I'm already kicking myself for not sewing the pieces together first.  Then again, this little jigsaw puzzle will be easy to put back together and stitch after the pieces are washed.  But first... more dye!

No comments:

Post a Comment