Thursday, April 5, 2018

A to Z - E is for Eggnog

E is for Eggnog!


Who doesn't enjoy a rich and creamy glass of eggnog during the Christmas holidays!?  As a child, we would make our own, sprinkling it with a good dose of nutmeg.  I prefer the store bought, as it is much richer and creamier.

While reading about eggnog, I discovered that in Vietnam they enjoy Egg Soda.  It is made from egg yolks (use quail eggs), sweetened condense milk, and club soda.  This doesn't sound good to me, but I'm not too keen on anything with club soda.

For this little piece of art work I used a stencil, heavy gel medium, and nutmeg! 





2 comments:

  1. Great idea to incorporate the nutmeg of eggnog into your artwork, Cheryl. Very clever! I'm really enjoying your posts.

    https://profoundjourney.com E is for (The) End of Absence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,

    WOW, these ingredients really create the texture. What will you do with this piece of art? Do you have this design on paper or canvas? Very neat effect! BTW, I love eggnog, too. I make Boiled Custard every year at Christmas which I think is better than what you get out of the store. You can do a search for it on my site, if you'd like my recipe.

    Curious as a Cathy
    A2Z iPad Art Sketch ‘Eyes’

    ReplyDelete