Tuesday, January 3, 2023

My creche

 My grandparents gave this nativity to my brother and me when we were very young.  I've offered it to Trace many times over the years, but he is happy to let me store it.  I wonder who will want it when I'm ready to Swedish Death Clean it out of my house?

After seeing the exhibit in Fulton, I realize that I need to add to my little collection. On my wish list is a camel and a dog.  Or chickens? Some trees would be nice too.  First off, I need to fix the broken wise man and get him back with his traveling companions.  Then the dreaming of the new improved display begins!



Only one of the figures has printing on the bottom.  Very difficult to read, but "German" does stand out.  It's too late to ask about this set now, Grandma has been gone for almost 30 years.  


As children when we unpacked our treasure each year, we had a method.  The angel was always the last piece to go onto the stable.  It also has a built in music box that plays, Silent Night. (Yes - it still works)  We would play it after everything was put together.  Aren't family traditions wonderful?



No comments:

Post a Comment