Friday, January 20, 2023

Free motion play

 The current #earthdressseries quilt I am working on is #climatechangedress aka "Death of the Coral Reef". I had come across a technique using dissolvable interfacing and free motion stitch to create underwater plants.   My first try is not too bad:

I should have used a hoop for stitching.  It drew up a lot and became very difficult to move about and stitch.  I used rayon thread that I had on hand, but feel like a heavier thread would fill faster and not draw up so much.

My drawing.  I placed the interfacing over it and traced the lines using a regular pen, since I couldn't find my disappearing pen. It appears that it really didn't matter. After soaking the piece in cold water, the interfacing left as well as the pen marks!  I believe I am happy with the results.




No comments:

Post a Comment