Wednesday, December 22, 2021

CAM - St Louis

 I spent a few days with my son last week.  We took off for St Louis one day for art and food.  Both were yummy!  Our first stop was a shopping trip at Dick Blick.  I usually go to Galesburg for my fix, but was traveling at a not so good time to make it happen this time.  Anyway, after loading up on art supplies we went to lunch at a Chinese/Japanese/Indian/Thai place and I had the best pineapple fried rice ever.  I can't wait to return!!!

Our visit to the CAM (contemporary art museum) was fun.  Not tons of art, but pieces that got us talking.  I found this piece interesting in that the center "waterfall" canvas was not gessoed. The paint absorbed into the canvas and looked like watery splotches.  I'm thinking that I need to play with this idea using dyes on dry fabric.    




No comments:

Post a Comment