Sunday, July 26, 2020

#skogluft / forest air

I've been reading Skogluft during my morning treadmill walks.  It's Norwegian and translates to "forest air".  The bottom line is that a walk in the forest will make you feel better.  Really?  I think I already knew that.  Plants in the house are a good thing.  Really?  I figured that out a long long time ago.  I do think the book is a good read and will recommend it though.  What I have taken from this read, is that my forest walks need to be slower and use my senses better.  I live on 10 acres with about 8 of them devoted to forest.  I know I am extremely lucky.  When I need forest it is only 200 steps away from my back door.  My exercise will be to slow down my walks and really take in what I see instead of power walking to put steps on my fitbit. 

This morning I started my "notice everything walk", and discovered that I never made it past the pond.  I played in the water, trying to get the water lettuce to move away from the shore.  I watched dragonflies dart about in play.  I watched frogs hanging in the water, basking in the early morning light.  
It was all magical and a wonderful way to rejoice in a new day.  







No comments:

Post a Comment