Sunday, March 15, 2020

Back to dyeing / avocado, my favorite!

My container of avocado skins and pits was finally full enough to cook up a pan of dye.  I decided to use just skins this time and ended up with some unusual colour.

The linen thread began as a very light pink.  The cotton fabric is what I am used to getting when cooking up an avocado dye pot.  The light blush colour always makes me smile


The next day I added more fabric to the dye.  I wasn't sure if there was much colour left.  Both the hankie and aida cloth took much colour.


This fabric was my big surprise.  It began as gold on white. The "white" is far darker than I've ever had avocado dye the fabric.  Is it because of a finish in the aida cloth? I don't know.



These all came from the same dye bath, just on different days.  To my surprise, the darkest pieces were on the third day.  The pot is still sitting on my stove....  What shall I add today?!?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment