Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Just begin

Last year, after 10 years of blogging, I deleted all of my posts.  Today, I kick myself for that action. How many times have I done something in a fit of anger or depression, only to find myself wishing for that magic wand to turn back time?  This time it was an overwhelming sense of sinking with too many monkeys clinging to my back and horrible loss.  My loving father died in my arms while on a snorkeling adventure at Grand Cayman.  For me, 2016 goes down in history as the worst year a girl could go thru.  Was it not enough that Papa Bear died? My dear uncle died in the fall.  Just as the year was ending, and I was feeling like the past was the past, I found that I had been blessed with breast cancer.  Really?  By this time my faith was starting to leave me.  Ok, so one more blow - I had an abnormal stress test before breast surgery was ok'd by my cardiologist.  Guess what!  I now have 3 new heart stents.

So - you probably think by this time that I am ready to just throw in the towel.  Fortunately for me, I have a wonderful husband, family, friends, and support group.  I keep thinking that the good Lord has kept me here on earth for some very special secret mission.

I have decided that I must once again get out the "pen and paper" and share my life with anyone who will listen.

I have decided that I must narrow my interests but continue to grow and accept change each and every wonderful day that I have been blessed with.

Not sure where this is leading me, but I have big plans for 2017.  Places to go, art to make, gardens to grow, a husband to pamper, and a bajillion other things on my wish list.  Today is the beginning.  I will just take it one day at a time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment