Friday, August 16, 2024

Tears for our Earth

 I've begun working on my final quilt for the Earth Fragments series. That sounds silly to me because I actually have 7 to do before the last quilt. I guess one works on what motivates at the moment. Pulling together fabrics, supplies,  and ideas takes time and a bit of planning.  I had an idea of sewing bones on the quilt. There are 3 small bones in my stash of crazy things I've picked up over the years. Not enough to pull off a statement about the end of life.  With planning and asking a few friends I may come up with a few more. Or maybe a better idea will come bouncing in my head.



Anyway, for a base I am using a quilt top that I pieced ever so long ago. It was pink and green. Lovely in the 80's and yucky now. A day in the dye pot totally grunged it to a better background option. If only I had thought to photograph it before the dye pot. I wonder if I have a sample block in my archives?

No comments:

Post a Comment