Tuesday, January 23, 2024

#JunkJournalJanuary days 18 - 23

January 18: Borders  -  What an easy theme when you are over run with washi tape! The center flower was from a little canvas I painted ages ago. The glue was letting go, so I ripped the canvas apart and added to my journal. Repurposed, recycled, reused... and all that good stuff!


Day 19: Interactive - I wasn't really feeling this one. Too simple: A vase of roses that flips to a vase of tulips. Sometimes art just fails. That's ok.




January 20: Nature - It's hard to not save every beautiful card that comes on special occasions, but the sunshine on my birthday card from my sister was an exception! The sun is such an important part of nature - what a great place to save at least part of a greeting card




January 21: Peeking out - A box of kitties from many years ago! When I came across this photo, I was reminded of how my son enjoyed all the cats we had on the farm. He is now grown and has a dog! I really thought he was a cat person for life




January 22: Book Shelf - I remember the first time my husband saw me rip up an old book to use for art. He was horrified! I asked him where he thought old books actually went. Is it not better to use the book pages instead of piling them in the landfill? 





January 23: Texture - The photo was in a file from my father's office. Not sure what it was a photo of, but I'm pretty sure he was after a textural shot. He did a fair amount of darkroom work back in the 60's and 70's. I used to think it was a place in the basement to go when he just needed to get away from the kids. And maybe mom. His own little art studio, with a locking door. Smart man!







No comments:

Post a Comment