Saturday, July 2, 2022

Where have I been?

 It seems that blogging keeps moving to the bottom of my to do list.  Why?  I find time to stitch each day, garden, eat, exercise, play, etc., but the computer doesn't get turned on.  It's too hard for me to post from my phone.  I think easing back into the routine with a post each week may be the answer.  

Let me tell you about my grandmother Helen.  I came across this photo of her the other day when I was looking for pics to use for the Index Card a Day project.  Imagine riding a horse while wearing a dress!  And just look at those shoes!


Grandma was the person who taught me to quilt. She was a busy farm wife with many daily chores as were many woman in those days.  As a child I don't think I appreciated all that she did and finding this photo reminds me that we all have a story to tell.  What were they doing that day?  Was it just a silly photo opp or a trail ride with my grandpa? Why don't we label the backs of photos better? So many questions...

Today, I think I will label a few pictures that down the road, someone else may look and wonder what in the world I was up to!


No comments:

Post a Comment