Thursday, July 7, 2022

Little dress project

 A few weeks ago, I had a thought about stitching on little girl's dresses. Not something new and original, but a way to not only do some slow stitching but also use some of the crazy things in my stash.  I was at Good Will with my sister and stumbled upon this dress:


I wasn't sure what the red beads were for as they were not stitched very securely.  Certainly a chocking hazard for a small child if the stitching released.  Off they came! I also removed the gold caps at the shoulders and the overlay on the skirt.  The fun began! This skirt needed fabric patches and stitch...  I have named it "Fern Gulley" after the movie that my son watched over and over again as a child.  If you haven't seen this movie, it is about saving the planet (or at least a small piece in a beautiful forest).  
More later...



No comments:

Post a Comment