Saturday, May 9, 2020

May 9th - lettuce

Each year for Mother's Day, my mom, sister and I try to go for lunch and nursery shopping.  We all love gardening and mom always has us pick out a plant for a gift.  No lunch this year.  Instead Dee and I both spent the night at mom's.  Mom made us dinner and we sat out on the sun porch talking for hours after eating.  Very nice time indeed. 

Shopping was brief, as we were trying to not be around people.  Besides wearing a mask is uncomfortable.  I did find a special treasure for my garden.  I have a small fish pond that I have never really worked at adding plants. In fact, the pond hasn't had fish for years.  Instead it has become a bull frog pond.  Tucked away in a corner at the nursery was a tank with 'water lettuce'.  That was the perfect mother's day gift for me.  Now I will also need some gold fish.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment