Friday, May 4, 2018

plaster gauze

I am finally home.  Everything looks so green!  I even have tulips in bloom - I was gone too long!

One of my new play materials is plaster gauze.  I had purchased some awhile back to use in an on line workshop that I took.  I think Jon found it online for less than 10.00 a roll.  Very affordable toy...


I used cereal boxes to cut out shapes.  The gauze was cut into strips, dunked into water, and applied to the cardboard.  It sticks well and dries pretty fast.



I am adding this bird to a mixed media piece that also includes fabric, paper, and stitch.  The piece just needed a bit more and a bird seemed perfect - plus it let me play with the plaster gauze again! I worked on him in the hotel room, but didn't have paint for his eye... a little more play before he is done.


I may have already posted these three...  They were part of a workshop I held in April at our local library.  I love the texture that the plaster makes:




1 comment:

  1. That looks really interesting, Cheryl and you're inspiring me to have a go and I'm sure my daughter would love to have a go too. I've never seen this before, but I love the texture and 3D nature of it. It's been such a long time since I've done any painting or artistic stuff and it's long overdue.
    Best wishes,
    Rowena

    ReplyDelete