Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Snow day = Dye!

15 inches of snow means a morning of dyeing! 



For this piece I used Mustard and Sage dyes.  The sage has been in my stash for years. The mustard, on the other hand, is one of my favorite colours and replaced at least once a year.  




Chartreuse and Sage.  I like the fabric, it is shiny and makes the colours seem brighter than my other samples.  Old napkins are the best! They have been washed numerous times and the old Damask patterns are simply lovely.



I took a before pic of this old table runner.  It was pretty as is, but I'm on a roll here! Must dye everything in sight...


And here's the lovely table runner after a snow bath of Aqua, Basic Brown, and Avocado. Won't it be fun to add stitch!

 

The dish towel used Aqua, Chartreuse, and Nickel.  I way over did the Nickel.  Not happy with with piece.  The colours are actually rather dull.  I just photographed a small section that looks nice.



1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I am hoping for snow in January to play in and a new washing machine to rinse them in!

    ReplyDelete