Monday, April 2, 2018

A to Z / B is for Blueberry


B is for Blueberry.  I have 2 blueberry stories.  The first is from a very long time ago.  I took my younger sister to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, (the Gene Wilder version).  I was home from college, so she was probably 7 or 8 years old (I am 11 years older than Dee).  During the scene when Violet Beauregarde was turning into a blueberry my sister started crying. The idea of someone inflating was just too much for her.  We have laughed over that for many years.

I remember when I was young that my mom would make cheesecake as a special treat when she had friends over.  I really didn't like blueberries very much and would be basically horrified when she would put blueberry topping on the cheesecake instead of cherries.  I just couldn't eat it.  Sometimes I think she used blueberries so I wouldn't eat it and she would get the leftovers all to herself!  Now, I love blueberries, but no longer eat cheesecake (thank you very much heart doctor for taking me off dairy products).




4 comments:

  1. How clever! I love that you've put your painting of blueberries atop the bowl of blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing about that... I bought blueberries thinking I would take the picture that way, and then forgot and ate them all! Back to the store for more... Isn't aging fun?!?

      Delete
  2. Abstract Blueberries...they look good enough to eat...so do the ones in the bowl. Fun blueberry stories, too. I don't remember eating blueberries growing up...mostly strawberries. They are soooo good for you, too. Fun Letter B, Karen.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,

    Mmm, I love blueberries. I like how your presentation of your artwork laying on top of a bed of blueberries. All you have to do now is toss 'em in some pancake batter and you can have blueberry pancakes. :)

    Curious as a Cathy
    A2Z iPad Art Sketch 'Bookstack"

    ReplyDelete