Thursday, April 12, 2018

A-Z / K is for Kiwi



It's a colour and a food...

It's a Kiwi!

(It's also a bird...)





When I started this post, I was planning on using a nice and juicy, sweet kiwi fruit.  Something happened and this little kiwi bird was hatched.  I took a free motion / thread painting class and just had to create something for my alphabet book.  During my research to find a photo of a kiwi, I learned that kiwi birds are about the size of a chicken.  I had always imagined them to be the size of a kiwi fruit.  I wonder how many other things on this planet that I am wrong about?


5 comments:

  1. Love your kiwi! Great idea to create an alphabet book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It has been a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute embroidered kiwi. The stenciled page behind it caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl,
    I'm rugged up with my laptop and trying to catch up on A-Z posts and have been drawn into your blogs and am really enjoying your visual creative expression and wondering if there is hope for me... That cropped up during my A-Z series of letters to dead artists, which has made me appreciate how I let my fears of making mistakes prevent me from delving into art. Such a shame, but at the same time, I'm such an obsessive writer, that I don't have a lot of spare time.
    Anyway, I'm feeling I need to get back into it.
    Best wishes,
    Rowena

    ReplyDelete