Friday, March 10, 2023

#100 Days / Day #15 / Sand collection

 My collection of sand began over 30 years ago when I decided to keep a jar of sand from my son's first sandbox.  Silly, right?  In time the little jars grew to a rather interesting world wide "souvenir" of sorts.  Friends and family bring me little packets to add when asked about what to bring home from a trip.

Today was the day I set aside to gather up all my little bottles and jars for display in one place - my island art cottage.  Cleaning off the shelves of an old bookshelf took as much time as my search. And I'm not done yet.  Cold weather snuck up on me before finishing. Each jar is labeled with where it was collected.  As I am writing this the phrase, “like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives” keeps running through my head! 

Just a few pics for now.  Most of the sand is still in boxes waiting warmer weather to finish this SDC project.  








No comments:

Post a Comment