Monday, March 25, 2019

Birthday fun

I had so much fun helping with my nieces 16th birthday party. Using an art theme was the perfect brainstorm.  Corinne is quite the artist.  I was given the job of putting pictures of her into famous paintings and making a "Scream" cake.


I decided that the cake needed 4 layers to really make a statement.  After it cooled I put the layers together and iced it with a base layer of white.  The next day, I used a skewer to draw the figure. I used a combination of knife and cosmetic sponges to apply the colours.


The cake inspector at work.


Finished cake.  It looks more like ET.


Corinne loved it!

This will probably be my last birthday cake for a long time.  No grandchildren in the future for many years and none of us really eat much cake anyway.  I think our family eats the cake just for the ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment