One of my new play materials is plaster gauze. I had purchased some awhile back to use in an on line workshop that I took. I think Jon found it online for less than 10.00 a roll. Very affordable toy...
I used cereal boxes to cut out shapes. The gauze was cut into strips, dunked into water, and applied to the cardboard. It sticks well and dries pretty fast.
I am adding this bird to a mixed media piece that also includes fabric, paper, and stitch. The piece just needed a bit more and a bird seemed perfect - plus it let me play with the plaster gauze again! I worked on him in the hotel room, but didn't have paint for his eye... a little more play before he is done.
I may have already posted these three... They were part of a workshop I held in April at our local library. I love the texture that the plaster makes: