Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Severin Nilsson

In the fall my cousin and I took a trip to Sweden.  We took a day and drove to the town that our great grandfather was from - Asige, a quaint area that I am happy to be from!


While exploring the countryside we discovered that an artist, Johan Severin Nilsson,  (quite well known in Sweden), had a atelier nicely preserved for tourists. He lived from 1846-1918.  Unfortunately it was not open the day we were there, but we enjoyed walking around and taking in the view.




I now have a pinterest board devoted to his paintings...







When I return to Sweden, I hope to find his artwork at the Nordic Museum in Stockholm.  I understand they have some photographs he took as well as paintings.  What a fun way to learn more about my Swedish roots!




No comments:

Post a Comment