Thursday, March 2, 2017

Back to work

My "real" job is:  Librarian

I haven't been here much in the past two weeks.  Illness has gotten the better of me.

Now that I am back, there are a million things that I need to do.  Instead, I keep finding myself thinking about home, my husband, art, travel, and my son.  This tells me that being a librarian isn't really my "real" job.  This job pays the bills.  It also keeps routine as a part of my daily schedule.  I wonder if routine is one of the things that makes life seem to go by so quickly.  How often do I hear that as we age, time goes by faster and faster?  Maybe it is just that we are stuck in a rut and do the same things at the same time everyday.

Get up between 4:30 and 5:00 am. Husband has tea ready at dining room table.  Drink tea and pet dog.  Run upstairs and do 15-20 minutes of art.  Treadmill for 30 minutes.  Shower. Dress. Breakfast.  Pack lunch.  Go to work....

My life is very boring sounding on paper.

This all changes next week when I start cardio rehab and radiation treatments.  Will a change in my routine make my days longer?  I will have to let you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment